Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Sweat the big stuff





Your out pushing your body to the max, in the office getting screamed at by your boss, waiting in the surgery waiting room for a loved on, trembling at a desk while your final board exam is handed out. A bead of sweat drips down your forehead. Its on.

Many days of the week I can't tell you what I ate for breakfast, maybe thats because I wasn't sweating. Many people say, "ew" to sweat, but I say, "ah ha! sweat!" Sweat is uncomfortable, its sticky, moist and smells bad. But there is nostalgia attached- sweat happens because of something. Your senses are heightened, your blood flows and change is needed (like get me out of these clothes). Sweat occurs when your body is in some sort of overdrive, whether it be due to the stress of physical activity or anxiety. 

When I sweat, I remember. I remember great times of physical achievement,  times when I was terrified and times that took a combination of all my mental and physical strength to get through. So its true, "don't sweat the small stuff" if the small stuff isn't worth a sweat. Sweat the big stuff. The good stuff. The stuff worth sweating over. The stuff you care about. 

You won't forget it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment