Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why I like running- and why you can too.

Why I like running- And why you can too.

I like running because its the best therapy for the price, the gym with the best hours, and the adventure thats nearest my door.

In a modern age where "connections" are how many people are able to view your social or business networking profile, and food comes from a grocery store, and writing a paper means sitting at a computer and typing out paragraphs while surfing the web for legitimate (or so you hope) references- we all feel a little removed from the reality of what it is that we are really doing.

Running is different. The connection is primal. Your feet. The ground. Boom.

Sure the surfaces and shoes have changed over time but your missing the point!

You go from a warm bed, to a climate controlled car, to a school or office with lights, and your body is at ease. Its comfortable. This amazing gift that has evolved over millions of years just exists, in pleasure.

While running you leave the world of complete control and enter into chaos. If your in a park, a beautiful natural chaos. Turn off your music player and just soak in the moment, absorb all the sensations taking place. Your body is no longer at ease- its in full flight.

Don't forget to pack with you your frustrations and anxiety. Bring them, and then let them go. I can say I have never solved a problem while running, but I can come to accept things that I cannot change while running.

Some people run as fast as they can, some jog, and some walk. But I truly believe that when they return from their daily adventure- they are glad they went. :)


So lace up- and don't ever run somebody else's race


No comments:

Post a Comment