Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The NEW BLOG! Same rules, same game, new name. Lets do it. Now what song are you?


Alright, well due to some complications with new email addresses and technological errors, I had to scrap "improving a smile". It was cute, it was a fun run, but now I'm on to the next thing. I needed some time to time to deal with the loss, reflect, looking at pictures of us, remember all our late nights and early mornings together.... but that was the past, THIS IS THE FUTURE!

Enough lamenting, on to the next experiment. This one could take you 5 minutes or 50 years. Just think for a minute, "what song best describes me". Not which song best describes how I feel after I broke up with my girlfriend, after I won a sports title, after I had a really bad day, but what song best describes ME. Take some time to look inward and recognize the things that you want to see in yourself, the things that are really at your core. Do you know a song that talks about those things, or describes a person with those attributes? I know I don't, so I'm going to spend the next few days trying to figure out what that song is, and if it doesn't yet exist, I will write one. ALSO, if you find the song that best describes you, and it makes you feel bad about yourself and what you have become/what you are, notice it. Notice that, and (this is an awful reference, I am almost ashamed to use it) realize that the rest is still unwritten.

 Seriously, the depressing music that I listen to and hear others post on each others wall has got to end somewhere. We, as human beings, are not meant to pick up and instrument and think, "now how am I going to make some really sad sounds with sad lyrics and make everyone sad", but I think some bands have found just the perfect recipe and an eager audience. Don't be fooled, I like a lot of depressing music, but it isn't who I am and I take the music as challenges to improve, and stay away from the problems the lyricist has faced. I hope you can all find yourself in some sort of music, and it doesn't even have to have words! I know this is a really lame experiment but I started really late in the week, so hopefully we can all catch up. Pax people

No comments:

Post a Comment